My husband told me the other day about a man that he had met awhile back, and how this man was talking about how his wife never could get "over" the loss of their daughter that had been killed in an automobile accident back in the 80's. Not that she ever "got over it," but had not accepted the loss. He was very concerned about her overall health in general. (Those were the other mans words, not my husbands.)
My opinion, not that anyone is asking, is simple. I really don't think it's about "accepting" the loss, but having faith with the loss. I have never accepted the loss of Isaiah. To tell you the truth, it sounds disrespectful to be told to accept a loss that is priceless. We aren't talking about the stock market. My loss, crashed beyond what any stock market could "touch." But, I still invest in my faith. That's something that I can hold onto. That's something that can grow over time, and still go up and down through the months, but it's an investment that you can't go wrong in. The Lord is your "faith broker"... "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11
Not that I'm the "all that" faith believer, but I don't want to loose sight of what the Lord wanted to teach me along this hard journey. I want to hang on as tight as possible.
I'll choose to invest in my faith.... It's all I've got....
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










Faith my be all we've got...but it's enough! Love to you, my beautiful friend.
ReplyDeleteSo beautifully written Jennifer! You are able to write what I cannot in my silence. I won't ever be able to accept little Caleb's death, but my faith continues to grow.
ReplyDelete((hugs))
Cheryl
You are amazing, Jenny! I can only hope that if I was ever in a similar situation that I could keep that faith. I get choked up every time I hear someone remind us that our kids are not ours, just on loan to us from God...but I know I would still be angry at times...I would just die inside if I lost Logan or my baby girl coming soon. Without investing in faith, I don't see how anyone could ever put one foot in front of the other after such a loss.
ReplyDeleteI really like how you put this about having faith instead of accepting. I like that word much better. To say you accept it kinda makes it seem like you're saying you're ok w/ it and I doing think I'll ever be ok with my daughter dying. I have faith in the Lord!
ReplyDeletethank you for this perspective, jenny. i agree with Holly that having faith through it is so much better than accepting. and i think that in the end, God is the only constant, and that makes faith an amazing investment.
ReplyDelete