When I reflect on the past year, I can't help, but be taken back to the nine months of my pregnancy with you. I'll never forget seeing the pink positive line on my pregnancy test. With excitement and fear entangled as one, I called everyone I knew. We were having another baby!
Ezekiel, until you're older, you may not realize what a true miracle you are. At five weeks pregnant, my body started to fight what God had knit in my belly. I started to bleed and have the same problems that had taken place with your brother, Isaiah. To say that I was terrified, would be an understatement.
I went in for an ultrasound, and there was no heartbeat to be found. My heart sunk. My soul was crushed. Why?.....
The next day, because of the amount of bleeding, daddy took me to the E.R. They told me that I was miscarrying.
On the drive home, I could feel life inside of me. I could feel that you were still hanging on. I would NOT give up on you! I refused. I prayed with power from the depths of my being, a prayer of a mother that just can't say goodbye to another child.
GOD HEARD.
GOD ANSWERED.
People throughout the world began to pray. On their knees. In the morning. Throughout the day. At bedtime. Spreading the word.
You began to grow. Kick. Suck your thumb.
The blood clots began to go away.

We found out that we were having another little boy. How wonderful!
Each week, I got to watch my belly grow.
On the morning of October 16, 2009, we were preparing for your birth. I had this weight on my shoulders, full of fear. Fear of death. Is my child going to be born alive? Is my body going to be able to handle another birth? Another surgery. I pray unceasingly.
At 9:21 a.m., you take your first breath of life...... I exhale the cloud of death that consumed my thoughts, and took my first breath of hope.
You are our sweet angel.
My rainbow.
You have brought this family so much joy. Happiness. Laughs.
You are not a replacement for the loss of your brother. You are a beautiful addition to our family.
God took my broken heart. My broken dreams........ and filled my arms.
Thank you God.
You ARE good!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY :o) Ezekiel Isaiah Ross :o)
I love you.










Happy Birthday Ezekiel! What a beautiful birth story for your rainbow. ((HUGS))
ReplyDeletejoyeux anniversaire petit Ezechiel. Je vous souhaite une magnifique et bonne journée avec votre famille. les miracles existent il en est la preuve...
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to you Ezechiel! You have a very sweet blog, and I really enjoy reading it.
ReplyDeleteEzechiel, I hope you grow up with all the happiness in the world, and have everything good that you ever want :)
http://mysocalledfeudallife.blogspot.com/
suis-je la seule à voir deux visages sur la photo de l'échographie ????
ReplyDeleteUn de profile en haut qui regarde à gauche et un visage de face au premier plan!!!!
Happy, Happy, First Birthday Ezekiel Isaiah!
ReplyDeleteWe celebrate your beautiful life today and always. And we thank GOD for you.
Jenny,
Ezekiels story is so touching. It reminds me once again that God does find Beauty in the Ashes. He restores our souls. I love this post and what a beautiful little boy.
Much Love always and my prayers are with you, as I know as beautiful as this day is...it does not come without some heart ache.
xxxx
WOW, Mary!! I see it too! That's really amazing!
ReplyDeleteI also just noticed that it looks like a thumb next to Ezekiel's face. I believe it's the hand of God protecting Ezekiel from all the problems that were taking place inside my womb!
Thank you for pointing this out. So cool!
Happy Birthday Ezekiel !! What a beautiful Rainbow.
ReplyDeleteCaroline
Happy Birthday Ezekiel :) You are a wonderful little blessing!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, sweet Ezekiel! You are truly a beautiful miracle!
ReplyDeleteLove to you...
I know I am so, so behind (Google Reader tells me 492 posts!!) but I'm trying to catch up, so forgive my tardiness in wishing that precious little boy a happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteI just cannot imagine what your heart must have been going through in those early days....the utter despair and the sheer joy of the miracle that he is continuing to grow. I just cried and cried.
And by the way, are you just beautiful or WHAT????
Again, happy belated birthday to a sweet little miracle!!
Happy belated birthday to Ezekiel! May he always appreciate and honor being your special miracle! It sounds like he is so far because he's not letting you forget him for a second even at night, haha!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a great writer, Jenny! Your posts always touch my heart and say more than I can even describe. And what a beautiful pictures of both of you, too!!!!!! Despite all you've been through, you look like a movie star.
Thank you for the comment on my blog -- I will write you more this week, right now I better get to bed -- I hope you are sleeping!
Belated happy birthday to your handsome little rainbow, Ezekiel!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday lil rainbow boy!!! :) What an amazing story Jennifer. PS Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
ReplyDelete