I have joined in on a special journey. A journey that can be very lonely and even depressing. I am walking with the other mother's who have had to say goodbye to their child(ren) way to soon. It's a walk that doesn't have to be walked alone. Please join us on this journey. Click on the button above to get all of the details.
~The Beginning Of MY Journey~
With three other boys at home, I know how precious life is. My children are my everything. It's my job to take care of and protect these fragile lives.
August 3, 2008 was the start of a new journey in my life.
From seven weeks to nineteen and a half weeks of pregnancy, I had a huge blood clot that was forming in my uterus. It was over three fourths of my placenta. I knew that there was a possibility that I would loose my child, but I guess I still looked at myself in the world's view.... "it won't happen to me." You may know what I'm talking about.
It did happen to me.
On the 2nd. of August, I was rushed to the hospital at 11:00pm. The blood clot had pulled away from the placenta, causing a partial placental abruption, which started a bleed that ended up becoming lethal. Not causing death to my son..... but a fast approaching death upon me.
The next day, the 3rd. of August, I will NEVER forget. My doctor came into my room and sat at the end of my bed. She said that I had a condition called D.I.C. She said that we needed to deliver the placenta or I would be dead within the next twenty four hours. After the delivery, I still only had a 30% chance at survival.
Wow! How will I be able to live after loosing my precious son? My son was healthy and alive. Why would God have me go through this? I couldn't answer that question yet. I had to start the dreaded death sentence. I had three little boys to go home to. At this point.... I had lost a piece of my heart. All the hopes and dreams that I had for this little one..... buried.
I held my little boy as the beats of his heart slowed down to his last. I kept telling him how much I loved him as I held his hand in mine. God gave me fifteen minutes. I am thankful for that little time that I was blessed with. My little Isaiah got to begin life within me and end it within my arms.
Why did God allow this? Most of that question will have to wait until I get to heaven. My life has been transformed in so many ways. I have tried to focus on living a more wholesome and fulfilling life, the life that Isaiah didn't get to live. I want to be a better person because of his life, not worse.
That is the beginning of the walk that I have traveled in the last ten and a half months. Thank you for walking with me, and may we find God's grace through this journey together.
~Jenny~











You are amazing. Oh how I hope our sons are playing with each other and keeping each other safe in the heavens above.
ReplyDeleteIt's so hard to understand God's plan for us sometimes. I've done this a lot and even with this pregnancy. It's so amazing that feeling that God gave us to be that protective mother. What a blessing to have these memories, I will be joining the site too. THanks or sharing :D
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the first steps in this journey...with your precious Isaiah. I am so grateful God has placed us in each other's path for "such a time as this". You are such a sweet mother and a dear blog friend. If you don't mind, I'm going to add your post on our Mister Linky so others can visit! I know this technological stuff is overwhelming. I am not very techy-savvy. It took me forever to just figure out how to get the Mister Linky up! =) Thanks so much for doing this...
ReplyDeleteIt is a privilege to walk with you, dear sister.
Love to you,
Kelly
What a timely post for me! Today I started doing a pregnancy loss Bible study entitled Threads of Hope, Pieces of Joy by Teale Fackler & Gwen Kik. I'm doing it with another woman by email. She has had two miscarriages and has already done this study once. She's being kind enough to lead me through the study. When I ordered the book, the company accidentally sent me 2 extra copies. Rather than returning the extra copies, I decided to pay for and keep them. My husband & I both saw it as a sign that perhaps in the future I am supposed to lead a group of women in the study.
ReplyDeleteI pray that we both find comfort in God and in what we discover through our journey.
Jenny,
ReplyDeleteI know this must have been hard for you to write. Thank you for sharing this story with us. I remember asking God why, too. And I never got an answer--but I did get His Love--in a depth, an abundance, that I have never known before. He knew my pain. He felt it. And He wanted to carry me through it. He cried with me, He held me, He listened as I asked him hard questions. And He holds my treasure in heaven, where He holds yours.
I pray you feel His arms around you and His grace carrying you today and everyday.
I remember asking those same questions after losing my son.. something a little similar to your situation. I'm praying for you as I know how hard it is some days.
ReplyDeleteYour story is so touching and brought tears to my eyes. What a difficult situation and I'm so sorry you had to face it and lose your precious Isaiah. I love the picture of you and your little boy. So beautiful...a mother and her baby.
ReplyDeleteHi Jennifer,
ReplyDeletePop on over to my blog when you can. I have something there for you!
Blessings, Leslie
Jennifer,
ReplyDeleteI don't understand sometimes. I have gone through times of questioning recently. Yet in my running into the arms of God and then running away, He has proven his goodness. I don't understand, I'm just learning to believe.
Your post touched me, even in the midst of the whirlwind surrounding us, God is good.
I will be back to splash around in God's goodness through your words.
Blessings from Costa RIca,
Sarah Dawn
I'm so glad that you have the strength to share this journey with others. I rarely talk about our Samuel and it makes me feel guilty sometimes. It just hurts to say his name. I feel guilty about so many things when it somes to him.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers go out to you and your family. What a precious little baby boy. I pray the Lord continues to minister and heal your heart as only He can.
ReplyDeleteChris in FL
Wow, Jennifer, I can't imagine that choice you had to make...me or him. No mother should ever have to make that, we are geared to sacrifice everything for our children.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry you ever had to be in that place. Isaiah knows how much you love him, that much I am sure. Jesus reminds him everyday...
I am so sorry you had to endure such pain in losing your son. The part where you wrote about how Isaiah began life within you and end it within your arms was so moving and bittersweet. Thank you for sharing your heart and your Isaiah with us.
ReplyDeletemany hugs
elena
Much love to you, thank you for sharing your story of your little angel.
ReplyDelete