In Memory Of Isaiah Christopher Ross

In Memory Of Isaiah Christopher Ross

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Music To My Ears


Yesterday, late into the evening, I heard the most beautiful humming sounds coming from the bathroom.

I turned the knob to the bathroom ever so quietly, hoping that the sound of the water pouring out of the shower head, would be enough to muffle the sounds of the door opening.

With the door cracked just a few inches, I press my ear towards the song that he is singing. I can't figure out what it is, but it is heavenly.

I feel like I'm intruding, so I began to quietly close the door. Just before I have the door completely shut, I spot his pile of clothes laying in a pile on the floor. An image of Mario covers the front of his sweatshirt. His favorite.

I stand there, with my eyes closed, filling with tears, and thank God for him. I thank God for letting me have him longer. To raise, play with, take care and to love.......



(If you are newer to my blog and are wondering why I wrote this, my oldest son Caleb, had a brain tumor removed in May 2007. Click here to read the post I put on my blog last May.)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jenifer, I just read Caleb's story so scary. I can not imagine the pain and fear you have experienced. My oldest son had sever migraines his whole first grade year...the doctors really thought something was wrong. He would trow up and sleep for hours a day. One day it just went away.
    I was really scared to here those words that you heard. This was a great post and reminded me I need to be thankful for my healthy children, grief is so overwhelming it is hard to appreciate anything sometimes. I love how real you are! Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome young man! You are so blessed to be his mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sound. :) He is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete