In Memory Of Isaiah Christopher Ross

In Memory Of Isaiah Christopher Ross

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Memory Behind A Scent



Above, is a small bottle of perfume that will never leave my home. It's a .5 fl oz bottle of SHANIA, "Starlight." It was the best I had on my dresser, when I had to say goodbye to my little Isaiah. I sprayed a little on before I buried him. I sprayed a little on before his memorial.

This isn't a bad memory. It's a good one.

It takes me back to the time I held him close to my heart. In my arms.

When I need to go back in time, remembering when I held my littlest buddy, I slowly inhale that sweet scent of, "Starlight."

It may not be the most fancy of perfumes. . . . but it's priceless to me.

Oh...the memory behind a scent.

8 comments:

  1. That was so smart of you! I wish I had a scent, a smell to take me back to my baby girl. The best I have is the baby lotion we put on her for her first/last bath, 15 minutes before she died. It reminds me of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the power of a scent. I have smelled that perfume before and now ... it will always remind me of your precious Isaiah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to remember. I can't even remember what scent I was wearing. But I do remember the way her blanket used to smell. I'm afraid of forgetting that scent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful thing to do! Scents are so tied to our memories...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea and a wonderful memory.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the memories a scen can bring, quite unlike anything else, almost like they literally pick us up and transport us back in time! Keep your beautiful memories, Jennifer, I pray those never leave you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're feeling better this week. That is wonderful that you have that scent!

    ReplyDelete