In Memory Of Isaiah Christopher Ross

In Memory Of Isaiah Christopher Ross

Saturday, February 28, 2009

What would you call a blessing?

How would you answer this question?

What would you call a blessing? 

For the majority of the population they would probably answer as follows:

Family, Friends, Health, Home, Vehicle, Food and Water, Clothes, Money to pay bills. The list can be fairly long.

My children are my blessings. Straight from the hands of God, placed in my womb to grow and be nurtured. There is no greater joy.... for me anyways.

I had told many people about my current pregnancy, and it never surprises me of the few negative people out of the bunch. "Why do you want another kid," was stated by someone. I don't know that I just woke up one morning and said to myself over a cup of coffee,  " I think I should have another kid."

It is built in me to be a mother. That is my passion. Not a doctor, lawyer or some other profession that requires endless hours away from my family. I can remember back in the first grade and drawing a picture of what I wanted to be when I grew up. I made a picture of a mommy. 

With the passing of Isaiah, I'm sure people are really wondering, "why would she want another kid?" Well,  how can I explain to another person how I felt the day that I loss my son. There are no words that can sum up the loss of a child. To me, there is no greater loss, no deeper pain.  A huge hope dies with your child. All of the preparations that you have put together to get ready for your little one. Then............ to be wheeled out of the hospital with a swollen belly, no baby, and your child is leaving on the opposite end of the hospital in a box with a complete stranger. Need I say more?

So having another child is a blessing to me. To leave the hospital with a child this time, will be an answered prayer. 

In conclusion, it probably isn't a good idea for a person to ask the question, "why do you want another kid," to a bereaved parent.

4 comments:

  1. The person who would ask this question has obviously never lost a child. I don't want to judge, but my initial thought while reading this is that that person isn't storing up treasures in heaven. Her treasures are on earth and what fleeting satisfaction they give her, I'm sure. I pray you can be a wonderful example for her. I think God has give all women the desire and ability to be good mothers. Unfortunately women have been persuaded by the culture to find satisfaction from things outside of their mothering. It's a shame to see the lack of satisfied mothers in our world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for the insensitive words regarding your pregnancy. We heard several negative comments when we were expecting our youngest child, also. I'm grateful, though, for your mother's heart and the little blessing growing within you. Praying for the Lord to knit that little one together safely and in perfect health as he/she grows and develops. Thank you for your comment on my blog...and I would love to send you a Dreams of You Memory Book. Just email me the address you would like the book shipped to: sufficientgraceministries@gmail.com. Praying for you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN. I couldn't have answered this better myself. I have had quite a few people ask me why we want to go through the infertility treatments again so soon. I should refer them straight to your blog!!!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete