In Memory Of Isaiah Christopher Ross

In Memory Of Isaiah Christopher Ross

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Trust In A Nutshell

Today has been a hard day for me. I call these days my "reality" days. The reality that Isaiah is really gone and he's not coming back.  I try really hard each day to keep my faith strong, but every couple weeks I have my "reality" check. I have never had to do anything so hard in my life. I feel like everything is soooooo out of my control. Now this is where we come to the Trust In A Nutshell.

I was talking to my husband on the phone today about finances, and I'm sure you can figure out how well that went. lol. We were discussing our very "hurt" budget, and that's when I said, "it's easy to trust God when things are going good, but the real trust comes when things seem like they can't get any worse." Basically, you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Now after I had spoken that to my husband, I instantly realized that God was speaking to the both of us!!! My husband did not know what I had been feeling throughout the day, ohhhh but God did! God let me know at that moment, that I need to stay strong and keep my trust in Him. I want to choose to trust Him with my life. When life gets hard and my "reality" sets in, I want to have faith the size of a mustard seed and know without a doubt that Gods makes no mistakes, and I am living out His will. I want to TRUST Him.

                                                        Psalm 34:8

O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I like the "reality days" analogy. Good way to put it when you're sad and realizing that this is your reality but to know that Jesus said, "blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted." Praise God for His comfort. We had some issues to finances after Felicity died and we had hospital bills and such to pay for. God blessed us this week with a check for what we had to pay the hospital last month - it was from the hospital - for some reason the "bill had been paid" (we're not sure by whom!) I pray God works miracles for you guys too!

    ReplyDelete